Confirmation at Zion Lutheran exists to build connections between God’s Word, His promises and what it means for our daily lives, while at the same time learning about what a relationship with our Savior, Jesus Christ, truly looks like. Confirmation is not necessary for salvation; it is a not a Christian stamp on life’s to-do list that we all need to get. Instead, it is an expression of our Christian walk— a desire to grow and learn and become a part of something bigger than ourselves; a promise to continue receiving and living in God’s promises for the rest of our lives.
For our students, this means that we will equip them to live a Christ-centered life in whatever role/profession God has blessed them to live. We desire for our youth to feel as a part of the mission of Zion right now; they have a purpose in the Body of Christ and God has equipped them to partner with Him in building the Kingdom.
For our parents, we will do our best to equip you as ambassadors for Christ in your families. God has placed you in your child’s life to bring them to know and trust Jesus. That is your number one role and purpose. Our desire is to walk along side of you, give you tools, and support you in this calling as parent/guardians.
- Every confirmand will engage and participate in the community of Zion Lutheran.
- Every confirmand will gain a greater understanding of the Word of God and trust and believe that it is the authority in which we live our lives.
- Every confirmand will gain knowledge of the teachings of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, specifically what is found in Luther’s Small Catechism.
- Every confirmand will be equipped to defend their faith in Jesus and be able to give reasons as to why they trust Jesus as their personal Savior.
- Every confirmand will understand their place in the body of Christ and the Christian church.
- Every confirmand will continue their faith journey as an active member of the body of Christ and the Christian church.
- Our confirmation model will support and partner with our youth program, not replace it.